Exams went really well. Now preparing veggie burgers for supper. Not quite instant gratification, but damn close.
Escorting the girlfriend to first part of her three-day-marathon exams. Nerves wrecked & fingers crossed.
Rewatched Casshern http://bit.ly/BCGen yesterday. What can I say? ‚Transcendence through brute force‘ might be its best description.
Saw The Freeze live yesterday, average age of the audience was 35 plus. Beer bellies made the moshpit a really cushy place.
I am pretty proud of my new handcrafted and color-coded Tumblelog/Blog-theme. Coupled with a quick post bookmarklet this works like a charm.
Working on a revamped blog-design. This one will be more lifestream-oriented.
- It seems i am no longer able to sleep in on sundays. Allowed me to catch almost the thickest fog ever this morning. #
- Finished The Crying of Lot 49 yesterday. Not yet sure what to make of it & wondering which Thomas Pynchon novel i should tackle next. #
- Back from Innsbruck where I signed the work contract for a great job. I guess it is time to revamp my blog and cancel my open applications. #
Twitter Weekly Updates for 2009-07-04:
- Summer pleasures: It’s really heating up in our apartment. I guess it’s time to dust off the cooling fan in the attic. #
- Suddenly, Austria has a nice ring to it. #
- Those lids on take-away coffee cups can be nasty little buggers. The stains on my shirt are proof. #
- Went to see Drag Me To Hell yesterday. Sam Raimi can still deliver the scares. #
- Is there a laptop that, resting on your legs, does not heat up to the point of being intolerable? #
Twitter Updates this week:
- Trying out the #Socialtext Free 50 option http://bit.ly/IssCw. Quite impressed by features & simplicity, not so much by loading times. #
- New day job: Handling calls for my absent girlfriend. Unfortunately, this doesn’t pay the rent. #
- It’s almost unbearably hot & humid today. If i had scissors, i could cut air in tiny little blocks and sell them on Etsy. #
- Baking buns for sunday breakfast. Each time getting nearer to the perfect recipe, but still not quite there. #
Twitter updates this week:
- Toying with the idea of getting a new suit. How about a dark chocolate brown? Striped or non-striped? Ah, decisions. #
- Settled for dark striped brown and a nice slipover to go with it. Now i only need a reason to wear it. Did i miss a matching tie? Yes. #
- Pondering possibilities that arise with a simle telephone call. #
- Ralf Dahrendorf passed away. European Liberalism will now be in a much worser shape than it already is. #
- Events with dozens of wanna-be artists in attendance? Like giving yourself a handshake for two hours straight. #