Henry Jenkins is the director, Comparative Media Studies Program at MIT. In this viral-info-snack he discusses the power of media in a 21 century trans-mediated world. A world where converging technologies and cultures give rise to a new media landscape.
- Top Chef and the Black/Non-Black Divide: How racial stereotypes are reproduced in cooking shows. If this doesn’t open your eyes, nothing will [Link]
- Henry Jenkins discusses his concept of Transmedia Storytelling in this video [Link]
- Text, Videos, Twitter Streams: Vooks and Transmedia Resistance [Link]
- How Twitter Constructs Star Authenticity [Link]
- The Technium on Increasing Ubiquity [Link]
- OOOii: Immersive Design for Science Fiction Movies [Link]
- Star Trek TNG remixed [Link]