An Intranet/Information Architecture best practice report from the Australian government.
Intranet links for 2009-07-08:
- Intranet 2.0 Becomes Mandatory
- How to Implement a Best in Class Intranet 2.0 Site
- Adopt Intranet 2.0 or risk failure
- Winning Support For Your Intranet / Intranet 2.0 Initiatives
- Will social media kill off the intranet in years to come?
- The Lean Intranet: from Intranet Zero to Intranet 2.0 and beyond
Some more non-Intranet 2.0 links:
Intranet links for 2009-07-26:
- ChiefTech: Intranets and social computing – first mover disadvantage?
- Intranet Blog :: Intranet (and intranet portal): a definition
- When it comes to enterprise 2.0, every vendor wants to own the user » Column Two
- Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC): 8 good business reasons for having an intranet (tips for writing an intranet business case)
- Spektrum der Intranets: Content Branding, Wiki-Intranet und Portal Roadmap
- Intranet offers bright future for internal communicators: Gerry McGovern
- INJELEA | Übersicht Intranet Summit 2009
- Globally local – locally global : 2009 Global lntranet Survey goes live! Participate!
Intranet links for today:
- British Telecom’s internal Podcast platform, Podcast Central [Link]
- Video interview with Toby Ward on SharePoint for Intranets [Link]
- What Does Your Intranet Brand Say? Some quick facts on naming your intranet [Link]
- A short survey from ThoughtFarmer: How 2.0 is Your Intranet? [Link]
- 17 Microblogging Tools for Business: If you want Twitter on your intranet [Link]
- Some case studies from Noodle, a wiki-based social collaboration tool [Link]
- Some thoughts about intranet use on mobile devices [Link]
The worst that can happen to an internal communicator is that his audience reads about ongoing events and happenings in the press – and that before even anything internal has been published. This not only conts as a (intended or non-intended) slow response time, but is also a sign that there is something fundamental wrong with the internal communications paradigms in the conpany. This piece (German only) in the Harvard Business Manager makes some very valid points in this regard.
Links for today:
- Principles for designing global/local Intranets [Link]
- I have used it before, but never mentioned it here: The Intranet Review Toolkit by Step Two Designs. Although it contains nothing that professional intranet communicators wouldn’t know already, I would definitely recommend this to organizations where non-communicators are appointed with communication & Intranet tasks [Link]