SharePoint on-premises has been, and is, a popular platform for building enterprise portals (a.k.a. intranets). You can build similar portals on SharePoint Online as well, but since SharePoint Online is different from an infrastructure architecture point of view it’s important to factor in the SharePoint Online specific performance considerations when developing your new portal. This set of articles will give you guidance on the key portal design areas.
There are many ways to make an intranet homepage completely useless to the people using it, and many reasons why this happens. Even with some great insights into what staff need, it can be a slow process to evolve an intranet and its homepage from useless to useful.
This article looks at a range of homepage examples through the lens of ‘usefulness’…
Intranet links for 2009-07-26:
- ChiefTech: Intranets and social computing – first mover disadvantage?
- Intranet Blog :: Intranet (and intranet portal): a definition
- When it comes to enterprise 2.0, every vendor wants to own the user » Column Two
- Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC): 8 good business reasons for having an intranet (tips for writing an intranet business case)
- Spektrum der Intranets: Content Branding, Wiki-Intranet und Portal Roadmap
- Intranet offers bright future for internal communicators: Gerry McGovern
- INJELEA | Übersicht Intranet Summit 2009
- Globally local – locally global : 2009 Global lntranet Survey goes live! Participate!