Abrams told Braun that there wasnt quite enough there for a series, but suggested that “The island has to be a character in the show, and somethings wrong with the island.” Braun agreed, so long as Abrams promised to keep things in the realm of “scientific fact” and have an explanation for everything.
The influence of Reality TV has been insidious, pervasive. It has ruined television, and by ruining television it has ruined America. Maybe America was already ruined, but if so, it’s now even more ruined. Let us itemize the crop damage.
James Wolcott – I’m a Culture Critic … Get Me Out of Here!
Sunday links for 2009-06-21:
- Online archive of 19-th-century newspapers from the British Library [Link]
- The inside story of the Conficker worm [Link]
- Rant on the story arc craze in television series [Link]
- New York Times article: The Obama Haters’ Silent Enablers [Link]
- First new element for five years makes periodic table [Link]
- How your computer can benefit all of mankind [Link]
- 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive [Link]
- David Rumsey’s Historical Map Collection [Link]
- Ecocomics: If Supervillains acted according to economic theory [Link]
- Fascinating article about worldwide data center infrastructure [Link]
- The Text Adventure Games That Ate Our Brains [Link]