A rundown of the main Do’s and Dont’s when designing social software. Related:
A heated discussion on Slashdot about integrating/augmenting internal wikis with content from Wikipedia.
While all meetings have an officially scripted agenda, their tacit agenda is power. Meetings establish who is in charge. When someone calls a meeting, he or she is asserting authority over those who are called on to attend. Meetings are exclusive and closed. In most corporations, who gets invited to a meeting—and who does not—sends a signal about who’s „in the loop“. Meetings are a form of social grooming inside organizations. Meetings impose vertical authority. They establish status hierarchies. […] When power is diffused and distributed more democratically, meetings are no longer necessary. But corporations are not democracies.
Matthew Fraser – Enterprise 2.0: Wiki While You Work
SharePoint links for 2009-07-03:
- The Gloves Come Off in The Box.net vs. SharePoint Challenge
- Implementing a SharePoint Department Wiki? A Writer Shares Some Dos and Don’ts
- MOSS Manual Navigation Links Are Static & Dangerous
- Creating a user-friendly media library using Lytebox
- Will the success of SharePoint 2007 keep 2010 from leaving the station?
- DIY SharePoint at the Municipality of Aalborg
- More awesome jQuery demos: scrolling news, fisheye menu
- When it Comes to SharePoint on the Desktop, Colligo Reigns Supreme
- How To Create Drilldown Silverlight Graphs in SharePoint with Visifire
Some useful SharePoint resources and extensions:
Intranet links for 2009-07-26:
- ChiefTech: Intranets and social computing – first mover disadvantage?
- Intranet Blog :: Intranet (and intranet portal): a definition
- When it comes to enterprise 2.0, every vendor wants to own the user » Column Two
- Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC): 8 good business reasons for having an intranet (tips for writing an intranet business case)
- Spektrum der Intranets: Content Branding, Wiki-Intranet und Portal Roadmap
- Intranet offers bright future for internal communicators: Gerry McGovern
- INJELEA | Übersicht Intranet Summit 2009
- Globally local – locally global : 2009 Global lntranet Survey goes live! Participate!
Enterprise 2.0 links for today:
- A short review of ThoughtFarmer, an intranet/collaboration solution [Link]
- What Google Wave might imlicate for Enterprise collaboration [Link]
- Ideas for the Measurement of Enterprise 2.0 Effects: really inspiring [Link]
- A Practical Guide to Implementing Enterprise 2.0 in Your Organization [Link]
- Why Wikis Should be a Standard Wordplace Tool [Link]
- Organizational Change and how it relates to Enteprise 2.0 [Link]
- On the difference between Social and Collaborative Networks [Link]
- The new version of the Enterprise Wiki from Atlassian [Link]
- Enterprise 2.0 Lessons from the Field [Link]
- Enterprise 2.0 and its legal implications, in German only [Link]