Who would enjoy a SharePoint 2010-themed WordPress-site?
- MIKE2.0 is a comprehensive open source methodology for enterprise-wide Information and Knowledge Management [Link, via]
- omCollab is a package of open source collaborative software (including customized WordPress, MediaWiki, and other social software bundled for enterprise use) that is specifically targeted to be used in conjunction with MIKE2.0 [Link]
How to install and configure WordPress when you are stuck with one of the worst hosters in the world, like some friends of mine were:
- Make sure you have the appropriate hosting package, at least one that features the so-called ‘Weblog Pro’ option.
- In the Strato Customer Center you can install WordPress (which is the software behind the fancy ‘Pro’ name) with a few clicks. There is only one thing to keep in mind: You cannot install it in a subdomain.
- After you are done you can access a brand new WordPress installation with only a few minor shortcomings. Of course, I am being sarcastic here, the few minor shortcomings are 1) no possibility to upload files or images via the admin/edit-interface (FTP only) and 2) no working WYSIWG editor either.
- To fix number one, create a file named php.ini (filename in lowercase, please) with these lines of code within:
memory_limit = “16″
safe_mode = off
- Upload this file via FTP to your main WordPress-directory (to make sure that the PHP-settings are applied to all directories on your webspace you should also upload it to your wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes and your upload-folders) and number one should no longer be a problem.
- I don’t know why the WYSIWYG-editor works fine now, but here is what solved it in my case:
- Install the FCK-Editor plugin and activate it
- Edit any post with it
- Deactivate it…
- … and now the default WYSIWYG editor should work fine.
This is obviously not a very good way to spend some of your precious hours. And i haven’t even mentioned the circumstances of working with more than one domain in the same Strato account yet. I am just so glad to have marksimon.de hosted on a reliable hosting provider that made the setting up of this site a breeze.